Friday, January 9, 2009

Waiting Game

It seems like I've been doing a whole lot of waiting lately.
I was waiting for months for the new season of Psych to start (and I'm blogging while the premiere is on??)
I'm currently waiting for Matt to come home from work,
for the oven to preheat,
for the laundry to finish drying (and fold itself),
and for a job to magically fall into my lap.

Ohhh, a job. I have been checking Craigslist, but I haven't done much else. I've replied to a bunch of Nanny Wanted listings, but not much else. There are a lot more listings for stuff I can't do...like hang wallpaper and be a no-strings romantic companion for a man in South Portland...than for things I can do.
I found my last job on Craigslist, kind of quickly and out of the blue...so I had similar hopes for my next job. No such luck during Week One. I need to get out in town and start filling out massive amounts of applications...pronto. I'm getting cabin fever...I can only cook so much, make so many pairs of earrings, move the furniture so many times...ugh. I've had a couple Etsy sales this week and I've been working a lot on improving my shop. I've also been considering joining other selling sites...jury is still out on that one.

Well, the oven's preheated, one less thing to wait for...and one more. Frozen pizza, anyone? I like to think that by making dinner Matt will magically be released from work and come home. It doesn't usually work. Actually, it doesn't ever work. Waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment