Thursday, April 9, 2009

Purses with Purpose!

At the Etsy MaineTeam group meeting a few weeks ago I volunteered to decorate a plain wooden purse for Ronald McDonald House of Portand's Purses With Purpose fundraiser. The Fundraiser is this June, so mark your calendars!

"On Jun 4, 2009 11:30 am, the Portland Ronald McDonald House will be hosting its fourth annual 'fun-raiser': Purses with Purpose, etc. at the Woodlands Club in Falmouth. Nearly 350 people will bid on donated purses and accessories during the much-anticipated silent and live auction."

Here are some photos of my plain purse being transformed into a duct-tape wonder!



The plain purse...untouched by my crafty hands (well, ok, I did touch it...and stare at it for weeks trying to figure out what to do with it!)


I finally had some inspiration last night while at Jo-Ann Fabrics with a friend (Hi, April!). She talked me out of the pink tape...I guess I'm ok with that.


Here's the front...I had it plain purple for a while and then decided to try cutting out a wee little cupcake. And then I glued a vintage red glass cabochon on it for a cherry! No, if you know me, you know I don't go for the cherr-on-the-cupcake look...but YOU try cutting sprinkles out of duct tape!
The inside is the same bright blue as the cupcake "outline."

All done! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Drea! It's so cute! And even without the pink, it's most def YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You did a good job, especially considering what you had to work with! :)

    ReplyDelete